I'm taking an online college class right now called International Foundations. We just watched a video about Ladakh. I've been trying for the last several days to embed it on my blog but I just haven't figured it out. I loved the traditional Ladakh culture. The video shows how technology and modernization aren’t necessarily helping everyone. It was interesting and sad to watch. Based on the book by Helena Norberg-Hodge.
Since I can’t embed it apparently, I’ll just include the link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7846941319183318053&ei=-BP5Sbj2MqD-qAPb3e0f&q=Ancient+Futures:+Learning+From+Ladakh&hl=en# . I’m not sure if it works, but googling Helena Norberg-Hodge Ancient Futures will take you to the same (hour long) video.
Really though, my husband assures me that it doesn’t have to be that the more technology a country has the more its values deteriorate. I realize that I’m blessed to have the technology available to me that I do, and that I’m really more productive and know more than I would, but sometimes the simple life seems…well, so much less complicated. I love learning new things, but mourn the downsides of “progress.” Oh well, in all things there must be opposition.
No comments:
Post a Comment