Tuesday, May 3, 2011

You've Had a Birthday (shout hooray)!

I can’t believe I have an 8 year-old :(. He had a fun birthday. Instead of wrapping presents this year we hid them around the house and he went on a treasure hunt. I, being alarmed at the lack of space for his new “treasures,” took the time this evening to reorganize the pantry…which is now doubling as a toy room. Toys aren’t allowed in their rooms. As I was throwing out the old to make room for the new, I started making a mental list of toys I like.

Of course there are always books, coloring books, and puzzles, but I don’t know that they count as toys. Kites, yoyos, sidewalk chalk, paints (all kinds), blocks/legos, playdoh, origami, cars, board games, bubbles- my very sweet neighbor has been an inspiration!...I think I've gotten rid of most of the battery-operated ones; you know, the ones they always bring up to you asking for more batteries (that have been dead for several months)...I never have any around.

College is a lot more informative than I thought :). I just needed an attitude adjustment (and still need better internet). All the same, I should have skipped this semester. I've taken on too much for the next 13 weeks. Oh well.

I'm coming back to Idaho! I guess I just can't learn to stay away...plus my sister-in-law is graduating (yay!) with her Masters, and I have a couple other reasons to be up there soon. But really, I prefer Idaho. Although I do like my husband and being with him :). Can't have everything. Unfortunately, I have too many things to do before I leave (such is life) but I'll probably get it all figured out. I do better as a "deadline" gets closer anyway.

I made chocolate chip cookies this week. It reminded me why I don't do that very often. I eat them. Correction, I hoard them and eat them when the kids aren't looking. Haha- my poor deprived kids, only 2 or 3 cookies a day out of a whole batch.

I've been reading a little Nicholas Carr (for my class). He has a blog and some newspaper articles. I think I like him, but I haven't been able to delve enough to know for sure. I'll get back to you on that! Anyway, at least he's interesting.

Oh boy- my thoughts are scattering in every direction and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I guess that means it's time for bed and maybe I'll do better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment