Friday, December 21, 2012

Bah Humbug?



I just walked in the bedroom to find the cutest scene ever; I was moving my clothes off the bed and getting in when I spotted the baby sleeping on Shawn’s chest.  Wish I could take a picture of them both sound asleep like that but I’m sure it would wake at least one of them up.  I love that my husband loves his baby so much!  My life feels like an ABC family movie today.  At least that’s what I was thinking tonight…after all the kids were in bed and Shawn and I were stringing up lights.  I’m sure that during the day I was frustrated with the children, but I couldn’t remember what I was mad about after they were in bed :).   

I usually have a pretty bad attitude about Christmas- including this year, but I decided today to make a little more of an effort.  We bought a bunch more lights and I decorated, bought all the stuff for gingerbread houses (good thing ‘cause I spontaneously invited all the neighborhood kids over for a gingerbread house making party tomorrow), I’m digging out my Christmas music (which I never listen to), and I even went on the hunt for some cute wall decals and a nativity scene.  I guess what really makes the holidays is your attitude about them. 

2 comments:

  1. Hope it all went well! The party sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it went great! The party was a smashing success...except that I didn't have enough frosting and had to make more on the spot with 10 children impatiently waiting...but I think they forgave me :). Never did find the wall decals or nativity. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete