Been laying low for a little while. I guess the stress has been getting to me.
Last week: Spent Friday and Saturday in the
hospital after the baby got a hold of a glass peanut butter jar and possibly
swallowed some glass. He seems to be just
fine now! Sunday- sang for Ward Conference,
and had a short talk in Relief Society.
2 weeks ago: Sunday night. Shawn was in Stake Priesthood meeting. I eventually found that the faucet that had
been running in my bathroom (for at least 45 minutes), when I saw water running
down the hall. Subsequently ripped out
laminate flooring in my bedroom and the entire hall (only 6 feet or so). I have been stressed every day ever since
because Shawn doesn’t want to put the black laminate back down, and now I’m
pressed to make a decision right now about what kind of floor to eventually put
down through the entire house.
3 weeks ago:
Shawn and I both had talks in Sacrament meeting, and our family sang a
musical number. We sang “I Am A Child Of
God” and the children did great!
So yeah.
Those are the “highlights” of the last month, at least, the things that
have been on my mind. I know there have
been tons of other things happening in the day to day of life…but I don’t really
remember them right now.
On a lighter and seemingly insignificant note-
I have found some websites, some recently some I’ve known about for a
while. And it’s amazing how much of a
difference a few websites can make!
1.
Pandora. I didn’t know it could be personalized! I thought it was only certain types of music,
that I didn’t like, because that’s all I’d heard from Pandora. We have to take turns now with whose channel
we listen too. Of course, the kids still
just like the Piano Guys youtube channel playing and we listen to the Mormon
Tabernacle Choir’s youtube channel.
2.
Pinterest. I’ve had an account for a year or two, but I’d
use it in spurts, and I’d spend hours just perusing, when I had a lot of other
things I should have been doing. I’m
learning how to use it wisely. I’m
figuring out I can just go there when I want to do a particular kind of
project, and when I see something on a blog or around the net that I love I can
use pinterest to capture it :).
3.
Apartment Therapy. I love their website. If I want to go somewhere to relax I often
end up on this site for a few minutes.
4.
Houzz.com is my go-to site for all things house
related. This is our mediator and
inspiration while trying to make flooring decisions right now!
5.
Mormonchannel.org is awesome for radio
shows I actually like and want to listen to.
I haven’t really gotten into any tv or radio shows that I thought I needed
to watch or listen to, but THIS I like :).
OH man. I was hoping for pics :(
ReplyDeleteMaybe next time!! :)
I hadn't ever been to those 2 home decorish type stuff websites. Pretty cool!