Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I Had Better Write Now, Before The Holiday Season Overtakes Me.

Sorry, no pictures to share right now.  My sister left me with a few, and I have a couple of our backyard makeover, but not on this computer at this moment.  I will try to post them.  But, when I wait for the time to find and upload the pics, I somehow don't get around to writing for a really long time...as you may have noticed.

So- recent events:  My awesome sister and bro-in-law came and magically transformed our tiny yard into something usable and pretty.  Yay!  Eating dinner out there with the tiki torches lit is now my children's favorite family activity.  We also went around and saw some fun stuff while they were here- like the Pali lookout, the Byodin Temple, and of course, we went to several beaches :).  Great fun, and I'm so glad they could come out!  Oh, and did I mention my sister also cleaned out my nursery (formerly the junk room) and made me get rid of a bunch of clothes from high school?!  It was great.  I love that room now.  And it was an inspiration.  I'm continuing to get rid of clothes I never wear, and going through the boys' clothes again too.  I'm also just putting random "things" into a large trash bag and stashing it in the closet to see if I'll miss them over the next 6 months.  If I don't need anything in the bags, I can get rid of them, right?!

Currently, I'm 34 weeks along, and no longer sleeping, due to a ramped up case of RLS.  It's okay, I have a new mantra. "6 more weeks, 6 more weeks."   Then I probably won't sleep for the next year anyway...

I'm also looking up fun traditions for Christmas (usually for hours in the middle of the night, since I can't sleep anyway.)  I'll make a list with links when I'm done :).  And, trying out Mark Bittman recipes.  I made homemade hummus today, and bean burgers.  The hummus was gone within minutes.  The burgers, on the other hand, were force fed to my children as I promised to try a different recipe next time.  The appeal was that they took 10 minutes to make, and I love fast and easy meals.  But I didn't have a food processor so I used my Vitamix, which made them too soupy, so I added cornmeal....yeah, well, they were edible...barely.

Everyone is well and happy.  We're very blessed.  I'm going to at least try (for the first time since I married Shawn) to produce a Christmas card/family news letter.  No promises.  I'm just going to actually make the attempt.




8 comments:

  1. Aww, sounds nice! Except the soupy bean burgers... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't given up. I will just have to try a different recipe!

      Delete
  2. Annie!! We want a Christmas card :) If you have the time, energy, stamp for us, etc. :) 15050 N 59th Ave #241 Glendale, AZ 85306. Happy you're doing such great things with all the time you have… you know, since you aren't sleeping! But seriously… I am sorry you are not sleeping. Seriously. RLS is not enjoyable. in the least bit… hopefully it will be elevated at the end of the "6 more weeks!" you have. Good luck and Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome :). I'm sending them out this weekend (provided I can get my husband to help me get the pictures printed!) My RLS has gotten tons better- which is weird, since it usually gets worse.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see an update! I am also going to attempt a Christmas letter this year. I did one for a couple of years and then quit because things just got much to crazy, this year I'm hoping to make the time to do them. It sounds like things are going well for you! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got your letter yesterday! Very cute, thank you :). Love you too!

      Delete
  4. I am actually NOT attempting a Christmas letter this year :) But you guys have been married for...almost 7 years? So I've still got a couple of years to amp that one up. And we absolutely LOVED visiting Hawaii. As you could probably tell, Miguel now wants to own a home there so he can surf and play all day in the sun. Oh that guy...Thanks for having us!! I know it was sometimes more inconvenient than anything else, but we really enjoyed our time with you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack! Shawn didn't help me print pictures out at Costco on Saturday or today, so I'm starting to feel the pressure. I have a letter all written, but I just feel handicapped when it comes to uploading pics to the Costco website :(. I think he may have changed the ink in the printer so I can print the letter though.

    We loved having you! We love visitors, especially when they are family :). I think Miguel has a good plan! It was fine, and I'm glad you had fun too. Xander still talks about "Unca Gel."

    ReplyDelete