Monday, June 15, 2015

It's Over

Thanks for the love, kindness and prayers.  Although I was really worried about contractions, pain, etc. it really ended up being more like a bad, but lighter, period.  The difference, besides not being pregnant anymore, is that when I get up and do stuff I bleed more and start to cramp.  So I'm just staying down for a few days.  My appointment today confirmed that it was complete, so, no complications.  My sweet sister arranged for dinner on Saturday (which was enough for Sunday dinner too:)), which was definitely the hardest day. 

I'm sure I didn't do anything to cause this, but I'm on the internet researching how to help myself be healthier for next time nonetheless.  Of course, we all know how reliable internet "research" can be, but it's nice to know what others are doing, thinking, what seems to help, and every now and then I come across an actual study or something very useful.  Learning is important and I learned a lot from this.  It was very different from the last one.  I used a lot of herbs that really helped, and figured out what I'd like to keep on hand. 

 I don't know why everything happens, but I'm at peace with this miscarriage.  It took so much longer last time for me to be okay with how things turned out.  I really wanted to understand, and thought I needed to understand exactly why, how, how to prevent it, and was generally in turmoil for several months.  I have faith that there was a reason, even if it was just for my own experience, and that everything will be fine.  Probably better than fine. 

The baby is mad at me for not picking him up today.  I can't even begin to count his words- he knows too many now and learns more every day.  The other kids are having a hard time doing their chores and school.  I'm having a hard time deciding whether to be an enforcer from the couch, or just ignore it all and put old movies on for the day (which would, of course, stop all progress on everything else). 

No comments:

Post a Comment