Monday, August 22, 2011

A Happy Productive Day

We were very productive today.  Demetri usually gets up before me and does his scripture study, which he did today.  Then we have breakfast, and I get the kids started on writing practice.  Olie is tracing letters and numbers.  Both of them love to write letters and send and receive mail.  While they do schoolwork, I do the dishes and clean up the dining room and kitchen.  Then it’s math time.  We were done by 11:30, in time to go to the opening of the rec center, where the kids enjoyed the tour and the hot dogs.  We came home for naps and more school (reading and then math games on the computer for fun).  I had a headache and ended up taking a long nap; I still have a headache and I’m trying to decide what to do about it (Shawn doesn’t want me to take Advil!).  But even so, we did a lot!  It’s almost 9:00 and the kids are in bed, much of the house is clean, and all the dishes are done :).  We had an easy dinner (shepherd’s pie) and there was enough left over for Shawn’s lunch.  We had FHE, sang, read a story, practiced violin, and the kids were in bed almost on time.  Demetri begged to stay up and help me clean after I had the other kids in bed…which is the reason the living room is clean.  Some days absolutely nothing gets done and we struggle to get even one school subject completed.  This wasn’t one of those days. 

3 comments:

  1. Okay... what did you do to Demetri, send him to a monk boot camp or something? He gets up-- before you, by himself, to study scriptures... then begs you to let him stay up so he can help you clean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica--the fact that Demetri gets up before me may not speak so well of him, but may indicate that I'm a lazy blob in the morning. Really, and truly, I hate getting up. He is almost always up before me in the morning...and the first thing he says to me is, "Can I watch a cartoon?" My normal reply is..."Have you done your scripture study yet?" Thus encouraging him to do it in the early morning :). Begging me to let him stay up and clean just means that he will do anything to get out of going to bed. While he eventually has to succumb, tricks like this work to his advantage (and mine) once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete