Blogging is a form of procrastination for me. I like to write, when I actually get around to it, and blogging is an excuse for not currently cleaning the kitchen, doing more laundry, or planning tomorrow’s cub scout activity. Things you’ve been putting off become more stressful the longer you put them off, and blogging also relieves some of that stress (no idea why).
I have a new bed. I love, love, love this bed. I’ve never been on one so soft. I am beginning to appreciate that value is relative and subjective.
I’m exhausted. Homeschooling is a lot of work. I don’t know how long we’ll do it, but I’d better get organized in a hurry if it’s going to be very long. Shawn’s working on putting a curriculum together.
We’ll be working on perfecting a crockpot chicken pot pie this week. I have 3 recipes to try.
SO very elated about the new rec center opening next week. Free gym and swimming pool a 2 minute drive away (the other one we’re allowed to use is 20 minutes each way). Shawn has volunteered to watch the kids whenever I want to go…think he’s trying to tell me something?! Anyway, he’s been really good about not bugging me to work out (I think he got too frustrated). It’ll be a lot easier to go now that there’s one that close, and Shawn can take the boys swimming…if he’s that brave. It’s hard for one adult to keep an eye on all of them in water.
Pinterest is interesting. Not sure I have the time, but it sure is entertaining. One more form of procrastination.
It's not a memory foam bed, is it? I really, really want a memory foam bed. And to be a better cook. I don't have new recipes to try out because I don't even use the ones I have...
ReplyDeletePretty sure it's not memory foam...I think it's generic. Try out the crockpot I/Mom gave you! Saves time and stress over what you're going to make for dinner in an hour. I'll send you the chicken pot pie recipe if it turns out...but just start trying one new recipe a week. You're husband will love it :).
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a helpful comment.
ReplyDeleteI homeschooled our children for over 10 years until the youngest graduated. But, I was ready to quit after the first 3 months. :-) A wise veteran homeschool mom gave me some great advice. The most important piece of advice was to assign more housekeeping chores to my children since I was using my housekeeping time to homeschool. Your schedule has to change when your children are home full-time. I was not an organized person by nature but homeschooling forced me to acquire those skills. I used to counsel younger homeschool mothers to never make a judgment about homeschooling until AFTER the first year. :-)