So, last week's highlights:
We bought, put up, and decorated our Christmas tree. The children also strung lights throughout various parts of the house. Unfortunately there are no pictures of their decorating, because Shawn’s camera broke in China and the one I bought for his birthday is still on its way here due to several complications. So you’ll just have to take my word for it- for the first time in my life (that I can remember) we have a tree up before the week of Christmas (usually on Christmas Eve). I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but the kids sure had fun.
We made cinnamon rolls, a garlic-parmesan focaccia bread that didn’t really turn out very well, bread, home-made pizza, and the kids are once again taking turns making dinner. I even have a 3-week menu that I laboriously planned, complete with shopping list. However, I did not plan well enough. I failed to remember which nights were going to be impossible to make something like lasagna or chili-from-scratch because of homework. The menu has now been “rearranged” significantly.
I bought stocking stuffers and Christmas candy, and hid them. Since I hid them instead of having Shawn hide them…I’m going to have to go buy more Christmas candy before Christmas. I’m sure I can find something the children will like better than dark chocolate and peanut butter/ dark chocolate with almonds anyway.
Oh yes, and the smoothie. Sometimes I don’t put all the food away right after lunch. I get busy putting children down for naps and possibly get distracted by something else. Maybe I will learn my lesson. After one normal lunch hour all the boys were standing around peering into the yogurt container. Demetri thought it smelled funny. When I checked, I did smell soap, but assumed it was from all the little hands that were very near the yogurt container. When I made a smoothie the next evening to go with dinner (because I was craving one), it looked gorgeous. But it tasted like soap. Yep, it really was soap in the yogurt. Although I felt sad for Olie, who was the only one who didn’t get a smoothie that night, I was still rather upset about pouring an entire blender-full of frozen fruit down the sink. My big question was “WHY?” Who goes around putting hand soap in the yogurt?! We’ll chalk it up to a science experiment gone wrong, and little boys who wonder “what would happen if…”
I love the soap in the yogurt container...I often times wonder what is going on inside the heads of my children :) Let me know your new number once you get and because you are getting a smart phone you can text me now which will be nice. :) I love you Annie and thank you for taking the time to read my blog its nice to know that some one besides my mom does. :)
ReplyDelete