Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Warning: Pregnancy Rant


It’s almost 2:00 a.m.  I am becoming more firmly convinced with each passing day that the last few weeks of pregnancy exist to ensure that when a woman goes into labor she welcomes it rather than dreads it.  Yes, I am whining.  While on the whole this has been the easiest pregnancy I’ve ever experienced, in the last week the combination of symptoms which have come together in one fell swoop to grace my body with their presence are threatening to defeat my nerves.  

In addition to restless leg this evening, I have this new general feeling of discomfort accompanied by an inability to breathe while lying down.  Imagine that- how could a 7-9 lbs baby cause discomfort?  (And why have I gained 55 instead of just 7-9!)  Excuse the sarcasm; I think the lack of sleep is beginning to wear on my manners.  Anyway, there is now no such thing as a “comfortable position.”  I find myself chanting, “3 more weeks, just 3 more weeks” as I rub my feet and curse my ankles, which are finally groaning under the added weight.  So much that I find it difficult to walk.  What I need for the next few weeks is a hospital-induced coma.  What good is a cantankerous mom who can’t walk, can’t sleep, and is finding it difficult to function well enough to remember to feed the animals (or in this case, hungry children)?!  

I will have mercy on the inconvenienced reader and cease to detail my myriad complaints.  Now if you’ll excuse me, I think I’ll retire to the hot tub for a midnight rendezvous with the rain.  Fully clothed.  Well, maybe I’ll go find my swimsuit, but it’s tempting. 
*Rant ends; exit madwoman. 

2 comments:

  1. I'll be 40 weeks in 2 days. I hear ya! I thought he'd be long evacuated from my uterus by now. And yet, I'm still pregnant. Sleepless nights and days=one grumpy and on-edge woman. Good luck! Good thing you're a pro at this now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnancy is definitely not easy and that's why I've decided that we all block it out of our memories or we would never do it again! ;) I hope you have that baby soon so the discomfort goes away....and I'm sure you haven't gained 55 pounds as the last time I saw you, you looked way tiny like you haven't even gained 1 pound...so I don't believe you on that one ;) love you Annie!

    ReplyDelete