Monday, March 12, 2012

Alexander Nathan Pitcher

8 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long.  Born March 10th, 2012, 11:04 a.m.  It's the shortest labor I've ever had.  I did so well, all the way up until the last 1/2 hour.  I envy women who have easier labors...I of course, at the moment, never want to do this again.  I know it's worth it, but during those last 10 minutes it's hard to convince myself of that.  Other than the last 10 minutes, it was the best labor, and I was so relaxed the whole time.  I'm so grateful that my mom was there.  I really wanted Shawn there, but she was the next best, and she was wonderful :).  I'm also grateful to have had Cathy Ward, and Darlene, and my grandma- all women I love and trust.  Oh, and laboring in the water was great.

I want to go back home to Shawn now; I just don't want to make the drive.  It's very intimidating.  I'll put a picture up as soon as I figure out where they are on my computer...  The kids love Xander.  They constantly want to hold him, and are even willing to help change diapers...not that I've let them :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new addition, Pitcher family! Drive home to Shawn safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I am so excited that he is finally here! And I was apparently wrong about it being a girl...oh well :) Oh my goodness I want to see him so bad!!!!!!!!!!! I love you! And please drive home safe!

    ReplyDelete