Sunday, June 17, 2012

Becoming a Motel Connoisseur


I’m quickly learning how to pick motels.  I’m learning what “brands” I like and what amenities are higher on the priority list.  I’m learning to weigh costs/benefits such as a fridge and microwave, general neighborhood/environment, carpet or hardwood and other possible cleanliness issues that had never bothered me before (remember, there are cockroaches here!), proximity to base, pool availability, being on the first or second floor (because I have BOYS, who like to play on the railings), bed availability and hotel policies (charging for internet, charging per person, how many people can stay in a room, etc), and so many other little things that didn’t matter when I was only staying for a night and then moving on.  It’s quite interesting really.  I now have chains I like and chains I refuse to stay at.  Amazing the quirks frequent or prolonged traveling can instill.

3 comments:

  1. Do share... I'm about to join that life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? How come? I'll have to e-mail you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you poor thing. I have an slight idea of how you feel. And I have to say that I'm firmly committed to the time share way of life. Only for frequent travelers who stay places for long periods of time.

    ReplyDelete