Monday, June 4, 2012

Two Moms in a Kitchen


We’ve been staying at Shawn’s sister’s house in San Antonio for the last week.  We= Me and the kids.  We’ve had fun; it’s been an adventure!  The kids are getting along most of the time, and are enjoying the “vacation.”  I learned how to make granola (and the kids love her granola- yay!), we’ve been making smoothies like crazy in her Vitamix :), and yeah, well, cooking for a crowd of our size requires lots of time in the kitchen.  She has 5 kids and I have 4.  I’m excited to try a few recipes, and since she also homeschools, a few homeschool projects.  The first one in line for next week is a solar oven, 'cause, it's definitely warm enough.

We’re staying there during the week and coming back to San Angelo (3 hours away) to visit Shawn on the weekends.  It’s the compromise we came up with when Shawn got put in the barracks instead of being able to live with us, but didn’t want to miss his new baby for 3 months (they grow so fast when they’re that little!).  So we’re doing this till the 4th of July and then heading back to Idaho, possibly very slowly.  The 30 hr. trip down here was killer. 

However, we did get to stop by Arches National Park for a few hours, which was awesome :), and we visited family and friends on the way, which was also cool.  I will see if I still have the ability to post pics…Oh look, it worked :)

 The boys were thrilled to find some "shade."  Doesn't look like much shade to me but I suppose it's all relative.
 Wow, all of us together in a picture...that's a rarity...
 The only acceptable-ish pic of me during the entire trip, and believe me there are plenty; my husband is camera crazy.
 There's a baby in there somewhere. Those shades are army-issued, and boy does he love them.  He takes better care of them than I do of the kids!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I haven't been on blogger in some time and then when I do you finally posted!!!! Yeah!!!! Well, if at all possible I hope to see you this summer! I love you Annie and enjoy seeing updates of you and your family!

    ReplyDelete