Saturday, October 13, 2012

Frustration and Raw Fish

No, the two topics in the title aren't actually related to each other.  I am frustrated because I've tried at least four different times to reply to comments on other posts and it won't work.  I'd call in my tech but he's asleep.  Oh well.  I'm not really ignoring people's comments though.

Second topic.  For the record, I actually ate raw fish tonight.  And I didn't throw up either.  Even Shawn was impressed.  Under normal circumstances it never would have happened.  But I failed to plan dinner tonight so we ended up in the hotel restaurant.  There was some confusion over the order, and the waiter was trying extra hard to make it up to us.  So he brought out a special dish that he'd make just for us.  It was lightly seared (meaning raw except on the outside) poke (tuna) with rice.  I politely declined but he was rather insistent and I didn't want to hurt the man's feelings.  So I calmly took a bite, and got most of the way through it with a straight face before my gag reflex kicked in, but I kept it down.  Purely psychological too.  It was much better than canned tuna any day, raw or not.  Not in the least bit "fishy" either.  I think I managed to redeem myself with the waiter.


3 comments:

  1. Way too go. I think it sounds yummy. Now I am craving sushi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you for trying it! Even if it tasted good my body would go into instant gag reflex just solely based on the fact that it's raw :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE are no longer sisters.

    Nah. Just kidding. I hope to one day not be quite as picky when it comes to food...raw fish, however, is probably close to last on my list of foods to conquer. Go you.

    ReplyDelete