Today is election day. Also a holiday for all the children in the neighborhood- which means I had little success getting mine to stay inside and do their schoolwork today. They did a little this morning. But right now, there are about 8 children on my porch playing with Demetri’s CSI forensic entomology kit. What does a bug kit have to do with CSI? As nearly as I can tell, nothing...just hype to help make the kids want to buy the product. Anyway, my kids, and all the neighborhood kids, seem to love it! They’ve been catching insects and studying them for days now, from the time everyone gets home from school till dinnertime or dark, whichever comes first.
Okay, yeah, that was this morning. As for this evening, I don’t have anything nice to say about the election, fellow Americans, etc. Really. Nothing. So we’ll end it there. Oh, except that Olie said to me this morning, “I vote for Jesus!” High point of the day.
Xander is teething. His gums are swollen, he has a high fever, and he alternated between crying and sleeping on my lap all day. Well, this is the second day. Poor baby. No sleep, getting nothing done, all the normal stuff for teething time.
Demetri made dinner, mostly. They are going to learn how to cook if they have to live at home until they are 30. Okay, so I’ll probably kick them out before that. But they will know how to cook...and launder clothes...and clean, etc. They each have a night to make dinner again. Amazing how hard it is to get back into the groove after you’ve been traveling for a while. We’re getting there.
I’m winning the war. Every cockroach I’ve seen in the last 2 days has been dead. That puts a smile on my face. But, lest they should break through the ranks, I must not become complacent and slack off! At least it keeps the house clean.
I have been called to cub scouts. Again. For the third time- and so far, in every place I have lived in the past 4 years. I should give in and buy the uniform this time, and accept that I’ll probably be in cub scouts for the next 10 years or more.
Yay! Sounds like things are getting back to normal for your family. And that's good. Happy for you sis! Sorry about the little guy... :( Elsie doesn't teeth quite so hard I think. Everybody's different, eh? Funny that you're in cub scouts again! Guess it's a sign...
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you were ever in cub scouts. It's cool that your kids can make dinner, though... unless the dinner they make doesn't taste so good...
ReplyDelete