Waiting
is never fun for me. Waiting for something
unpleasant is much less fun. I found out
I was pregnant the day my sister found out her baby had passed away. (And I cried for days due to crazy pregnancy hormones.) I worried about how and when to tell her, and
decided on waiting until much later. I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore. Or getting a larger vehicle by January.
Today,
I started bleeding, just spotting at first, and then real bleeding. The OB did blood tests and an intravaginal
ultrasound. They would be very surprised
if I didn’t miscarry. A blessing
confirmed that I will, and that it will be okay. At 6 weeks they don’t usually do D&Cs,
which I didn’t want anyway.
So
now I wait. The first time I didn’t know
what was coming. Now I do, though every
miscarriage is different, and I’m dreading it.
The pain, the blood, the time, the weakness and recovery. I want it to be over and done so I can start
over. Dumb pregnancy hormones are making
me weepy. My body knows it’s not
pregnant anymore. The nausea left all at
once. But the hormones take much longer
to subside.
I
want to run. But even when it’s over,
the best I can do is limp. A stranger at
the bus stop asked if I was okay as I slumped against the car when I returned
from the hospital. A neighbor pretended
he didn’t see me as I cried my way up to my house. I almost laughed, but I was busy crying.
The cramping
is mild, but not so mild that I can sleep.
Maybe if I can sleep, I can deal with this tomorrow. I’m glad everyone is going to be gone. I was going to go to the PCC too, but now I
will stay home in bed and hope it’s all over by the time they get back. I don’t like people around when I’m in pain,
or sad. I don’t like writing public
posts like this, but I was going to write it anyway, for my journal. I hate to
end on a not-particularly-positive note, but at the moment I’m not feeling all
that positive. Maybe tomorrow.
I know that there isn't very much I can say that is going to help make things better, because although it may be comforting to know that I know, in some small way, how you feel, it isn't going to speed up the healing of your heart or take away the pain of a loss. But I'm going to say what I want to anyway: My heart hurts for you, not only because I know that you are in pain, but also because I am your sister, we are an eternal family, and I cannot make the pain go away. I feel like this longing we have to bear one anothers' burdens and to mourn with those that mourn make us more like Jesus Christ. My brain cannot put my thoughts down eloquently or even very understandably right now and so I will just let you know that you're in our thoughts and prayers and that I love you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jer- I love you too- and you are pretty eloquent. I'm praying for you too. The longer you carry the baby, the harder it is physically and emotionally- at least, that's my theory. It's supposed to hurt though, because it shows our love for these babies. When I cry, some of the tears are also for your loss. I hope you're feeling better. Yeah, you're definitely more eloquent.
DeleteSo sorry.
ReplyDeleteThanks for thinking of me.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAnnie, I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. I had a miscarriage before i got pregnant with Kaitlyn. I wanted a baby so badly and just couldn't get pregnant and then when I did, I miscarried. Very early on mind you but it still hurt my heart. I'm very sorry that you had to go through this. I love you and am here for you if you ever need someone to talk to . Love you! p.s. I don't know your sister or her situation but my heart goes out to her as well. My heart hurts for you ladies! Again so sorry for both your losses.
ReplyDelete