My brother and my mother just had an argument about whether or not they would record a show called Hot Shots. It's a PG-13 show about people who shoot really well. Mom says its a waste of time and she doesn't want PG-13 shows or movies in the house. How do I justify recording Gilligan's Island but not Hot Shots? I don't. It's completely arbitrary, and I like it that way. It's easy to argue that Gilligan's Island is just as much a waste of time (or more) as Hot Shots and that the only difference is preference. Or even that at least you learn something from watching a movie about real people who shoot really well. I don't care; I have simply decided, like Mom, that I like Gilligan's Island and PG-13 movies and shows are out. And that's one of the beauties of having my own house. (You know, I think a lot of my ideas are shaped by my mother!)
I'm sick. I hate being sick. My friend gave me some Super Tonic and Antiplague. Both are gross, but I'm used to Anti-plague. Super Tonic is the most horrid tasting stuff I've ever voluntarily taken- icky! However, even pico de gallo doesn't drain my sinuses this well; it works like a charm...maybe a little too well. I'm going to have to find out how to make it.
I'm reading a book called The China Study. I'm only about 40 pages into it but so far I love it. I'm never all to sure about health and nutrition books because of all my preconceived notions and my general distrust of “experts,” and I don't know that I'll agree with everything in this book, but so far it's pretty good. Lots of statistics, which aren't really my thing, but my husband will like it.
I think I'll go watch a really good old movie and then go to bed, hoping to feel a lot better in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment