Saturday, April 23, 2011

Time flies... and the military isn't as bad as all that

Really- is it almost May already? My computer must have the date wrong. I haven’t even made my New Year’s goals yet. Ah, well, the wonderful thing about goals is that you can make them anytime :). My children are growing up too quickly- suddenly, and I’m feeling my biological clock ticking…starting to count the years in my head and space hypothetical children out to see how old I would be when the last one left the house if I finished by whatever age. Hmm.

I’ve been thinking again. And kind of wishing I was more…artsy? I’m going to learn how to put music on my blog at least. And maybe put something up on the walls in my house. Maybe.

You know- there are plenty of things I don’t like about the military. But there really are some things I like too. Great health care coverage. My seven-year-old’s new outlook on life: I’m going to be a soldier when I grow up so I can keep my family safe and free. Awesome neighbors! The opportunity to travel, even if I don’t know where we’re going. A job. Job security- at least for the next 5 ½ years J. A cool new skill for my husband- who is really extraordinarily excited to be learning Chinese. Fun events to take my kids to, like yesterday’s “Spring Into Green,” complete with a bounce house, face painting, balloon animals, a free ice cream truck, etc. And I’m sure I’ll think of more as I go along. I’ll try to ignore the stuff I don’t like…or at least not curse the military in front of the kids :).

I have a hutch. A computer hutch- but we’ve repurposed it. The tv is now hidden (because I don’t like it to be the center of the livingroom) AND…there’s a LOCK! Hooray; no more videos scattered throughout the house, or time-outs for scattering or stepping on them…just as soon as I fix the lock part, haha.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a hutch!! Artsy step number one: take picture of hutch and other new additions to the house and post them on blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes. I will try to do that. I'm sure I can take a picture...just as soon as I find the camera. :)

    ReplyDelete