Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The end of a comparably decent day

Oh goodie, a new month.  Shawn is over halfway done here!  I've noticed that most of my intended posts lately have just ended up in my journal.  I really do write most nights, they just don't always make it onto the blog.

The cub scout's outdoor cookout went better than expected :) and I think they all enjoyed it.  Families were invited and all the little kids looked like they were having a blast.  We have two new scouts and two more coming in this month!  I'm sure glad we just split into two dens.

I just finished the handouts and class outline for the herbal class I'm teaching (which was called a "medical emergency class" in the e-mail sent out to the entire ward.  By me?  Ha!  I just agreed to share the herbs I can't live without...hope the crowd isn't too disappointed). 


And now, I do believe it is time for bed.  The headache I've had for the past two days is finally slipping (the advil probably helped) and my hives are going down.  Hives from what?  I don't know.  I just get them occasionally.  This bout wasn't bad.  Sometimes I look like I have welts across my face and entire body.  I think it's a food allergy, although I can't figure out what food.  I've been told it's from stress.  Here's to a low-stress diet :).

2 comments:

  1. I get hives all the time too! I can't figure out why!
    Good luck with teaching the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we're related :). The class went well. I really think mine are from a combination of stress and low immune system. Diet might play a part in it, but I don't know how.

    ReplyDelete