Wednesday, September 28, 2011

How to Turn the Day Around


I should be in bed…but I have this blogging addiction.  Okay, it’s not for the sake of blogging.  I just like to write.  Nevermind that I have already written two papers (short-ish of course) today.  Those were predetermined topics.  When I write in my journal and on my blog I get to write about whatever I want.  Besides, blogging somehow keeps my journal going.  Weird.  

Found the camera, which has been lost for about 3 weeks…in a pair of Shawn’s pants that have been buried for about that long.  (Gives you a rough idea of the state of my house.)  So I’m going to start posting pictures again…because I realize that sometimes they can be the best part of a blog…even when I take them and they’re not very good.  Kids just grow fast.

I cut Shawn’s hair today.  Military cuts look funny anyway, but when I do it they’re just downright hilarious.  No pictures of that effort forthcoming; poor Shawn.  

It was a rough morning.  I talked my poor mom’s ear off.  Then I decided to do something for the kids instead of wallowing in my own self-pity (aren’t you proud of me mom?!).  So when Olie asked if we could please do something fun I surprised him by saying, “Sure, what do you want to do?”  The stunned child happily chose the game Categories.  Because you get to pour water on people.  They thought it was great fun and that mom was being a real sport to let them fill the very large lid full.  We all got soaked, including one of my couches.  Then we read whatever books they wanted.  We (I) have to read very slowly because they all like to say the words with (or right after) me.  They all have The Very Hungry Caterpillar memorized.  It’s probably good for them.  Just sitting there with them and watching their absolute joy over simple things did me a world of good.  I think I’ll survive here after all.  I mean, the odds are going up...

I did enough homework today that I’m satisfied that I won’t be scrambling against deadlines at the end of the week.  I want to read a good book.  But I think I will retire to my bed earlier than I did last night, that I may be less weary tomorrow than I was today.

No comments:

Post a Comment