Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shawn, schedules, and I'll probably feel better tomorrow.

Roundtable tonight.  We learned how to make water rockets with 2 liter pop bottles.  My scouts will love it!  You should have seen all the adults out on the lawn in the dark launching a rocket...it was hilarious to watch.

Well, Shawn's going to China a week earlier than he was supposed to, but he comes back two weeks earlier than we expected.  So we don't get to see his family, and he won't be gone over Thanksgiving.  I believe he only gets a four day weekend for Thanksgiving anyway, so I may get to learn how to cook a turkey this year...or maybe I'll just turn it over to him and let him do a ham.  (They love ham, and I hate it, so they never get it unless Shawn actually goes out and buys and cooks it.)

We're going camping tomorrow (ward camp out).  The boys were quite put out this evening, because we packed the car today so they thought we were going today. They had friends over this afternoon and they all went outside and rode scooters.  I love it when they find something fun to do and entertain themselves.

Got all my homework done for the week, so I don't have to worry about it this weekend.  Of course, that means we didn't get a lot of homeschool done this week, just the basics.  It also means the house was barely liveable all week.  I'm grateful this is my last semester.

We're good...I mean alive, fairly healthy, still learning and growing, etc.  Trying to get a good schedule/routine down to cope with this semester and Shawn being gone for a while.  Can you go crazy in five weeks of no contact with your husband (while pregnant and in school?--I should have kept it down to one class)?  Well, maybe he'll be able to e-mail me.

While I'm living a pretty nice, drama-free life (except for nursery, which was just hilarious :)), I am also getting restless here.  I'm ready to be done and we have another 9 months here.  I'm sure I can handle it, and it's not the place; it's beautiful here.  It's the schedule.  Twice this week I saw Shawn for about an hour before I had to leave and he had to go to bed.  My love language is time, so it's not working out very well.  It's interesting that he doesn't do anything with friends (not that I'm complaining).  He likes to be with me during every free moment (I don't coerce him, that's just how he is)...he just doesn't have many of those lately.

4 comments:

  1. Just think about how much time he'll have when...there's a break of some kind in his schedule? I'm not sure what his current Army-time schedule is looking like. But there's got to be a let-up in there somewhere, right? AND at least he is who he is and likes to spend time with you over playing games/watching TV/ other things. I vote for a "count your many blessings" post next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'll opt for turkey then. Do you stuff yours or make stuffing on the stove? It's much better than ham anyway...

    Well, he does get 2 weeks at Christmas, and then he'll be done here in May and he'll get to take paternity leave--I don't know how long that is. Yes, I like that home appears to be his only interest...aside from dabbling in economics and chess that is. I'm very blessed...what about a "25 random things" survey post. I have one all typed out anyway, and then changed my mind and didn't put it on facebook. Ha. Well, I could count my blessings too :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember but I think I stuffed it and then cooked it.

    ReplyDelete