Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Trying New Things

The entire goal for the day (aside from making bread, grocery shopping, and gymnastics) is to post pictures.  And the trick is, if I say that's what I'm doing to enough people it puts pressure on me to actually get it done right?  Well anyway, Shawn is coming home sick from work today and I think I can catch him while he's trapped on the couch trying to sleep and make him help me with pictures.  Ha!  (I really need to learn to do this all by myself.)

We've been sick all week.  By "we" I mean everyone, one at a time.  Some of us twice.  Lots of fun.  To my credit, I think I only put sick kids in front of the t.v. all day (in order to preserve my sanity) once. 

I've made three decisions which are seriously affecting my life right now: getting rid of my phone (which is affecting me in a good way), and putting all of our savings toward paying off debt--which means no new car, no bunk beds, etc. (which I'm sure will affect my life in a good way ultimately, but at the moment it's kind of hard).  I've also given up chocolate.  It makes me feel lousy, and gives my babies colic.  It also gives me the worst menstrual cramps ever (!) and aggravates RLS when I'm pregnant.  I have officially switched over to carob.  Oh, and eating a mostly veganish diet...for the sake of my husband, who appears to be allergic to food.  All food.  Well, only sometimes.  But dairy definitely doesn't help.

So life is definitely different right now, and I'm trying to adjust to the changes.  And now that I've escaped the clutches of my smartphone, I'm in the middle of some serious goal setting.  I'll let you know how it turns out :).

2 comments:

  1. I thought you were already debt free? I remember you happily announcing that awhile ago.
    And now my smartphone is useless... the only thing I did with was play wordfeud with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said that the plan was to be debt free by the end of the year. And I knew we could do it. It was just difficult to implement. Now we are debt free. And I'm feeling impoverished, because I used every last penny of my savings, and several parts of the budget that were in reserve :(. But I will feel much better about it in a few months.

    And, I may come back and play wordfeud with you. After I get a new battery for that phone.

    ReplyDelete