Today was long. I was
prepared to just muddle through a miserable day. I was supposed to sub in the nursery (which I love but it sure keeps me busy), had a
meeting after church, and then Shawn had to go to work. My house is a terrible mess, and I was worried about the potluck Shawn had at work and whether my crockpot chicken was going to work out. But there were a few moments that were just
beautiful, hilarious, or ironic, that refined my sense of humor and helped me
keep things in perspective.
Things that keep you smiling (even if it's a smile of resignation accompanied by a face palm):
When your 5 year old comes and gives you a kiss (getting
mashed potato all over your cheek) and says thank for making dinner-- after he’d
been whining about not wanting to eat it for the last hour.
When you don’t get to hear the last half of the story the
speaker was telling in sacrament meeting because your preschooler has found the
closing song in the hymnbook and is trying to sound the words out but needs
your help and keeps asking you what a word is.
When you’re 20 minutes late to sacrament meeting (after not
making it to sacrament meeting at ALL in many weeks) when you were going to be on time for once,
because the kids were so busy “buying” cans (50 cents apiece) out of the pantry
from you for the food drive box in the Primary room, and figuring out their
tithing. (At least we’re trying?)
Shawn still had to go to work, and it’s still been kind of a
long afternoon/evening, and the children are nowhere near ready for bed though
it’s bedtime in 10 minutes—and yes, I’m writing- because I needed a break…but I
figure it will all turn out okay in the end.
Tomorrow is another day, and it will be good as long as I can keep
seeing the fun in it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment