Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Lost Tooth, and a New Primary Presidency

Teddy, my sweet 5 year old, was trying to open a container of salad dressing with his teeth, when his bottom tooth, which was noticeably loose anyway, popped out and landed on his chair.  This was accompanied by much blood (for a tooth), crying, and pouting.  When Shawn asked if he was excited about losing his first tooth, he really didn't see any reason to be overjoyed.  I let him have applesauce for dinner instead of pizza and salad.  For some reason, he thought of this as a reward, and was much happier.  To be fair, he did get the peach flavored applesauce usually reserved for the baby.  But then, after he was told to put his tooth in a ziploc bag so he wouldn't lose it, he didn't, and he did lose it.  Hysterics ensued until he was told he could probably just write a nice letter to the tooth fairy telling her about how his first tooth came out and she would still bring him a dollar.  He began his letter "Dear Mom". 

I have been the 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency (a church position helping to teach the children) for a while.  Guess what?  I still am.  My President told us last month that the Presidency was being reorganized and we would all be released.  Bishop caught me in the hall and said I was requested as the 1st counselor again, so I was released and sustained in the same breath.  It's okay.  I like Primary.  I was kind of dumped into the calling in the first place with no training, and no clue what I was doing.  I think it's been a little over a year (?) and I really had no idea how much I know, until tonight.  We had our first Presidency meeting, which lasted two hours, and I knew the answers to almost every single question and then some!  I tell you, this is the first time that has ever happened.  I realize that I have learned a lot in the last year, and I really do like being a part of the Primary...although nursery leader is probably my very favorite calling in Primary :).

In other news, my hot water still doesn't work.  And I really don't want to talk about it.  Suffice it to say, the people who owned this place before us are not my favorite people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment