Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blog Watching

I’ve been observing blogs. Okay, I’ve been surfing the net for hours and hours, but really, I was looking for what it is that interests me in a blog. The ones where I feel I can either identify with the experiences of the blogger or where I wish to be more like the blogger are the blogs I am most likely to read. An expert in their field, or a dedicated amateur, is next provided I am interested in their area of expertise. There are a couple of cooking blogs I like (specializing in crockpot and budget meals), a few homeschooling blogs (discussing TJed), I may find an organization or gardening blog, possibly an herbal blog- but I doubt it. Other than that I like blogs by friends and family members, and people of like minds or similar goals. Entertainment is secondary to connectedness, and I feel like I’m definitely keeping in touch with my sister if I read her blog…the problem is others may not feel like they’re keeping in touch with me. (But if I tell people I know about my blog then I have to try to keep things pertinent and interesting, watch my mouth in order to be politically correct, and I’m obligated to be consistent about blogging- all of which could be a pain.) Similarly- I feel like I’m close to people I’ve never actually met, and who may not know I read their blog. Maybe this is why blogging grew into such a popular pastime (and is it a passing fad?). It helps people feel more connected to the world, with little to no risk of drama, rejection, or favor-asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment