Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dishes and attitude

10 reasons I like doing dishes:

1. It means I am fortunate enough to HAVE dishes to wash.

2. I had food to put in them for them to have gotten dirty.

3. It means I have 3 wonderful boys to cook for- more dishes means more children J.

4. It also means I cooked at home rather than going out which

a. Is hopefully healthier

b. Is better for my budget

c. Is better family time

5. My 1 yr. old standing at the dishwasher (which is used as a dish drainer) saying “Help, Help” as he puts dishes in it.

6. My children see me working and tend to remember their own chores.

7. When I am done I have accomplished something.

8. When I am done, I also get to have a clean, shiny sink.

9. It’s usually a quiet time during which I can think. Thinking time is good for me. J

10. It does wonders for my hands. Hahaha.


Okay, admittedly I came up with this list because I was trying to find something good about all the dishes I had to wash today, after a difficult day in the first place. But I really ended up with a better attitude about the whole day by the time I was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment