Thursday, February 24, 2011

Update on Family Life

We’re having devotionals in the morning now- and it makes the whole day much better. We pick a few verses of scripture on a particular topic and discuss them and how we can do what Heavenly Father has asked of us. Today’s topic was love. The boys are trying to remember to show love to one another throughout the day. There are dozens of hugs going around, because that is how they show love. I think tomorrow we’ll talk about service as a form of love. :)

I’ve been writing about my mission in life, just for more clarity and to, well, write. I guess I like to write when I make the time to do it. There are several books I want to read, but I’m putting them off until after the unpacking project. Our 7 yr old has gotten into the habit of singing his brothers to sleep and then reading for an hour before bed. Normally I wouldn’t let him stay up that late, but as he seems to be enjoying reading so much, and it’s a good quiet time to do it with no distractions… Sometimes he reads a couple of chapters out loud to the little boys until they fall asleep, instead of singing. They adore their older brother. When he’s not busy reading the Magic Tree House at night, we read from a classic. At the moment we’re in the middle of Little Men, which he’s enjoying immensely.

Shawn isn’t around much, but he’s learning Chinese at a rapid rate. And when he is here, he tries to take a little time to play with the boys, we try to have dinner as a family, and we can squeeze family home evening in if we manage our time very well (read, if we have a fast dinner and the kids are pretty much ready for bed by the time Shawn gets home).

I’m looking forward to my trip in March and my sister visiting in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment