Monday, April 4, 2011

Home, not unpacked yet, but home.

I'm home. I was not sick for about 2 days in the last two weeks. Thankfully long enough to drive home. Now I'm getting sick again. I'm drinking tea, searching for my vitamins, making a point of not eating sugar, and going to bed before 11:00. And just hoping it all works out.

I have so much on my brain that it feels like it's spinning, much like a carnival ride. I guess traveling really throws off a schedule too, so I'm working on taking one day at a time and engrossing myself (well, attempting) in the domestic life for a few days.

At the moment I'm having shipping problems with this not-even-fledgling-yet business of mine. I'm working out some related financial woes, and trying to keep the whole deal from stalling for another several months. Optimism is key. I'll just smile and tell the shipping clerk it's all okay, rub my magic ring, and he'll stamp everything "okay" and send it on over. Okay, okay, I'll do the research on the shipping companies like I'm supposed to.

The semester is pretty much over, at least for me. No finals and all of my homework (except a couple of little quizzes) is done. A needed respite at the moment so I can concentrate on the work at hand.

I'm cleaning my house up, mad at the guestroom bed- I know, it does tons of good to be mad at an inanimate object- and now looking for a futon, attempting to get back into menu planning, and wondering how to get a very nasty smell out of a rug. Trying baking soda next. Also slightly more than irritated at some cute little Army regulations designed to drive people nuts. Ah, well, I'll just keep watching my good old movies and pretending that the Army is like it is in the movies. Some days reality just isn't my thing.

The kids had a great time at Grandma's. And they have absolutely no concept of time. Olie wanted to come back home to see Dad. We're back, saw Dad. Now he wants to go show Grandma a new toy, so he wants to go back to Idaho. I don't even think they remember the drive! Oh, but I do. And it'll be a little while before I voluntarily take it on again. Yeah, like, a month.

Demetri is super excited about getting baptized sometime in the next couple of months. The date keeps changing but I think we're pretty set now with May 21st. The other family whose child is being baptized as well asked if it could be changed to then because they have family flying in from Hungary. Sounds great to me; I like being flexible.

Uh oh. Make that getting to bed by 11:05. I'm going, I'm going...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I wish we could see Demetri's baptism! I can't believe how long it has been since we all lived on 300 S!

    ReplyDelete