On Monday I was sick, and worried I’d end up in the
hospital. I did tons of herbal stuff to
prevent it. In the end, I had a blessing
that helped immensely. Tuesday morning
our car was stolen. They happened to
have my keys (left in the mailbox by a child) so we are very grateful it was
the car and not the van. Going down to
one car is a pain. I’ll have to get up
at 4:30 a.m. with all the kids to drop Shawn off at work a couple of days a
week when I have to have a vehicle. At
least both cars aren’t gone!
Wednesday was rough.
I felt like I didn’t get anything done.
I decided to write down everything I’d done. It amounted to 10 11 diapers
changed—but who’s counting, 8 feedings—which came to 4 hours out of the day, 4
loads of laundry done, 3 meals made, and 2 ½ haircuts—Shawn helped with the
rest. I changed my mind. I got something done. Now I’m going to go buy myself some
cheesecake.
Thursday and Friday went by too quickly. I ran errands on Friday and spent too much
time at every stop, probably because I was relishing being alone for a while. It still went 5 times faster than if I’d had
the kids with me! I still didn’t get
everything done I needed to.
Today is cold and rainy.
The kids did a good job getting their chores done, so my house isn’t too
messy, and I’m thinking popcorn and a movie would make the evening fun and
easy. Of course, it will be a very old
black and white movie. I want the boys
to develop good taste! :)
Who steals a car on an Island? Wouldn't that be kind of easy to find after you report it?
ReplyDeleteAnd now I feel like having popcorn and an old movie. But I usually do. :-)
Apparently car theft is rampant here. I agree. Very strange. They find 76%...eventually.
DeleteI just watched the coolest old movie. My Dream Is Yours. I love finding an old movie that is also a true story!
Whhhhaaat?! Seriously, I hope you reported the stolen car. That seriously sucks. Also, I think you have to give yourself a little more credit! (For a mother) success should not be measured by the amount of things we accomplish daily from our lists...its the amount of smiles we see on our children's faces and the number of them that is still alive and well at the end of the day :) I just made that up. But it's probably true. I want more pictures of baby Lorenzo! Well...and the rest of you too. But he'll be so big when we get there, you better be taking pics of him while he's small!
ReplyDeleteWe reported it to the police, but not the insurance, because our insurance didn't cover it anyway. :(
DeleteTrue, and one of my major goals right now is to be more kind and smile more with my kids. I figure the good example will rub off, and sometimes I'm too cranky with them.
Pictures, check. Well a few anyway.
I want to see more pictures here too (I'm not on facebook anymore....)!
ReplyDeleteDoes Lorenzo have a nickname yet? :)
ReplyDeleteNot really, though occasionally he is called Renzo by the boys. I love his name and just can't bear to shorten it! :)
Delete