This didn't fit in the "About me" section, so I'm putting it here:
I am usually a stay-at-home mom (with occasional short bouts of temporary jobs). My husband is a linguist in the military. He just joined. I imagine we’ll be moving a lot.
I homeschool my son, at his request, and will most likely homeschool his two younger brothers in ensuing years.
Religion is the basic premise of life for our family. We like going to church too. I’m LDS. I grew up LDS. I love it. My husband is already planning several missions for when the children are gone. General Conference is my favorite time of the year. And it comes twice!
I like to cook healthy meals, and don’t use much in the way of meat, sugar, or packaged foods. However, I love to bake, especially desserts, and it takes a lot of restraint to keep myself from making large amounts of rich sugary desserts. I substitute with honey and whole wheat where I can, and succumb to my sugar cravings when think about it too much. My mother has a good cookbook that helps me out. My mother-in-law makes some of the best food I’ve ever tasted.
My mother and grandmother taught me to use herbs for nutrition and healing. I love herbs. Except the bitter ones- but I still use them…heavily camouflaged with honey.
I love to sing. I sing all the time. I don’t like pretty much anything on the radio, so we sing in the car instead, or listen to the “Standin’ Tall” tapes. I like to play the piano. I don’t have one at the moment however, and I don’t even know if I can read music anymore. I am also an old-movie addict- according to my husband. I rarely watch anything made after 1960, except Veggietales and some animated (mostly Disney and Pixar) movies. My children help make me more cultured I suppose. I never would have seen “Finding Nemo” without them.
I love to read. I probably have too many books, but I can’t help it. I buy bookshelves whenever I find a good deal, and the boys all sleep in one room (I never did see a reason for a child to have their own room) so we can have a library. I love libraries. I think I’m going to have to start putting bookshelves in the pantry. It’s a large pantry.
One of my dreams is to have a library. Maybe one of these days.
ReplyDeleteI think it may be the reason Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney cartoon. My heart skipped a beat when she saw that huge library, every time! Shawn laughs at me when I tell him my library plans (in each house)before he kindly points out that wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling bookshelves would leave little room for anything else in whatever small space I designated as the "library" and would make it seem awfully small. :)
ReplyDelete